Goverment House
two tower

The Music Room

Originally planned as a library, but alterations commissioned by Governor Hampton resulted in this room becoming an extension of the Drawing Room. The addition of the new Dining Room in 1898 led to a number of changes in the Music Room including the mirror recess and banquette. There is access to the terrace from this room.

The 19th century Bechstein grand piano is used today, and often on Open Days one of our volunteers provides music throughout the day for visitors to the House.