The Governor opened Countdown, a global initiative to champion and accelerate solutions to the climate crisis.
The TedXKingsPark event was part of the world-wide Countdown aimed at turning ideas into action.
Photo – The Governor speaks with attendees at the Countdown event
The youth speakers at the TedXKingsPark Countdown included:
- Isabella Pol, a youth advocate and leader in environmental sustainability.
- Jacob Martin, a materials scientist and nanotechnologist working on climate stabilising technologies.
- Josh Hopkin, a social entrepreneur with over a decade of experience in innovation and technology.
- Katarina Doughty, a PhD student at UWA whose research focuses on transforming our global food systems to a circular model that sees waste as a resource that we can harness.
- Matilda Peters, driving her employer’s move to carbon neutrality.
- Dr Shannon Algar, an applied mathematician using sophisticated modelling techniques to understand complex, real-world systems, like the timing of ice ages and species extinction.