Part of the Restart the Arts initiative.
The world’s best composers returned again and again to the endlessly fascinating combination of violin, cello and piano, and this is the Trio’s passion. This launch series presents a gold standard repertoire that will speak to all listeners. There is brilliance, tenderness and grandeur for the ear, and deep command of technique for the mind.
Rediscover defining moments in music in the splendid Ballroom.
The West Australian Piano Trio represents the pinnacle of skill and experience in the State. Their repertoire encompasses some of the finest and most moving works of art ever created. This truly international ensemble draws its members from three continents. Their extensive musical resumés include many concerti and solo performances, recordings and appearances across the globe.
- Haydn – Gypsy Rondo Trio no. 39
- Beethoven – ‘Archduke’ Trio Op. 97
- Brahms – Trio no. 1 Op. 8
- Saint-Saëns – The Carnival of the Animals (arrangement for piano trio and narrator)
- Piazzolla – Escualo
- Piazzolla – Chiquilin de Bachin
- Schubert – Trio in Bb Op. 99
- Dvorak – Trio Op. 90 ‘Dumky’
- Frederick Septimus Kelly – Piano Trio
- Smetana – Trio Op. 15
Cost:Tickets $45 standard, $35 concessions, $20 students, free for U16 and Companion Card holders